Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Oh The Places You'll Go Festival

This last Saturday the Davis High Band had an all day festival to raise money for the band.  Since Michael is in the band this year, we decided we should contribute.  The day started off bright and early with a 5.5 mile run/walk.  The band will be marching in the Festival of Roses Parade in California and the route they have to march is 5.5 miles, so that's why that was the distance of the run.  It was $20 to sign up, and I got a t-shirt out of it :) So Jesse, Walter, Michael and I got to the school just a little before 8 in the morning and started the run.... well Michael ran, the rest of us walked.  Jesse, Walter and I didn't make it through the whole route, maybe 3 miles of it, and then we had to head home to feed Walter and put him down for a nap.
We were dead last the entire time :)
  We got done about an hour after we started and Michael was just finishing the whole race at that same time, he sure can run.
Michael crossing the finish line
That afternoon we went back to the school and I got to test drive a new Ford Fiesta.  For every test drive someone did, Ford would donate $20 to the school.  I also got a free t-shirt out of it :) I like those free t-shirts.  We got some lunch and then my mom also bought me and my sister a Davis hoodie.
Later that evening the band was having a "parents preview" of their field show, so we all got to go and see them perform their show before they went to their first competition (which was last night).  It was really awesome! And Michael did a great job! Walter absolutely loved watching the show, he loves anything loud!

Mikey in his awesome band get up

 Michael with the saxaphones (he is the first person in the second row)

It was a fun filled Saturday that made me regret not doing band in high school... oh well.

(Thanks mom for having all of these pictures on Facebook so I could steal them)

No comments:

Post a Comment