Wednesday, September 26, 2012

4 Month Stats and More Sleeping Issues

Walter went to the doctor on Monday for his 4 month check up.  He's growing right on schedule! He's 15 1/2 pounds putting him in the 60th percentile for weight, and he's 25 1/2 inches long putting him in the 70th percentile for height.  He also got his second set of immunizations.  He did great! He only cried for a few seconds and then was happy and back to normal.


I've decided that it's time to let Walter cry it out when it comes to sleeping at night... not fun.  So last night was my first night of doing this.  I put him down for the night and he cried for maybe 5 to 10 minutes and was out- not too bad! I thought to myself "dang, this is going to be easy"... haha yeah right.  He woke up a couple hours later and was not happy! He cried and cried and I felt so bad! We tried to calm him down for a minute and then just let him cry some more. He eventually went to sleep, but still woke up a few times during the night.  I know I shouldn't have, but I got up to feed him a couple times, but I did also let him just go back to sleep a couple times, so I'm making progress.  I've also let him put himself to sleep for naps a couple of time and he seems to be doing really good with that.  He only whines for a few seconds and then finds his thumb and is out.  Hopefully we can make a little more progress tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment