Saturday, May 26, 2012

Welcome to the World

On Tuesday, May 22nd, we welcomed Walter Scott Barocio into the world.
Our day started at 7 am when we arrived at the hospital for my induction.  I have never been more nervous and anxious in my life.  Child birth has been a huge fear of mine throughout this pregnancy- I had no idea how I'd get through it.  Well, we got there and got checked in and I got changed into my lovely hospital gown, and the fun began.  I got hooked up to my IV and got started on pitocin.  Right before 8 o'clock my doctor came in and broke my water- to say that it hurt would be an understatement- it killed.  After that there were a few hours where things were moving pretty slowly.  By noon, I was having pretty painful contractions and decided it was time for the epidural.  I don't know what I would've done without it. The rest of the afternoon was pretty uneventful.  I was hoping to have had Walter by 5 or 6, but I was progressing at a record slow speed.  It took 4 hours for me to go from a 3 to a 4.  It took a couple more hours to go from a 4 to a 5, but once I got to a 5 or 6 things started to pick up.  By then I was progressing about 2 centimeters every hour to hour and a half, so by 9:20, and after 14 hours of labor, I was ready to push.  My doctor had me push for about 20 minutes and then decided to speed up the process by using the vacuum to get him out.  At 9:40, Walter was born weighing 7lbs 8oz and was 20 inches long.  He was absolutely perfect in every way.  The first thing we all noticed was his dark curly hair- exactly what I was hoping for.  Seeing my baby for the first time was completely surreal, it was something I'll never forget.  The instant love that you have for that little person is completely overwhelming. Jesse was the first to hold him, and it was the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life to see Jesse take his baby boy and just fall completely in love with him.  He's a pretty cute dad and he loves his boy very much.
 I was in the hospital til Thursday, and was so ready to come home!  The last couple of days have been hard, that's for sure, but I have loved every second of it.  It has been so nice having my mom and Jesse's mom close by.  There is nothing better than just holding my baby all day long, I love to watch him sleep and all the little movements and facial expressions he makes.  I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything.

The last picture of me with a big belly

 Jesse thought it would be funny to take a picture of me 13 hours into labor.. I didn't find it funny

Look at that curly hair!

Daddy and his little guy

First time holding him

Walter with Grandma Smith

Jesse just loves him

And so do I

Grandma and Grandpa Adams

Some more pictures of him at the hospital




 Getting ready to go home

All bundled up and ready

At home, cuddling with Grandma Adams

I love his little face!


 Cuddling with mamma

All nice and clean after his first sponge bath at home


Sleeping so peacefully

Gettin ready to go to Grandma and Grandpas

 So precious :)

3 comments:

  1. It was so fun to read your story! I'm glad you have your cute baby! I would love to come by and see you guys sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and Jesse! He's such a cute little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! He really is a cutie pie. Congrats to you guys!

    ReplyDelete