Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving and Week 14

Thanksgiving was great this year. Jesse and I went down to Cedar City to spend the weekend with my family. We had a pretty small group this year, considering how many people have been there in years past, but I liked it. We got down there Wednesday night and stayed with Heather. Thursday was delicious... there's not much more I can say about it. Friday, a bunch of us decided to go shopping. We waited til early afternoon so most the crazy people were gone. The only stuff I ended up buying were a few clothes things, and Heather and I also got princess material for our Christmas pajamas.. I'm excited. Friday night, Heather, Jesse and I went to Breaking Dawn.. it was my third time seeing it, and I still thoroughly enjoyed myself. Saturday morning we all went to Parowan to see my Grandma Adams. Jesse and I just stayed for a couple of hours and then we headed back home. It was a very fun weekend that went by way too quickly. I took my camera and left it in the car the entire weekend, so there are no pictures.
As for baby update, I am now 14 weeks. I finally think I am over the sickness. The only time I start feeling really gross is when I don't eat. I ALWAYS want to eat, like literally non stop. And the one thing that will always satisfy my hunger is fish sticks... gross huh. But I just love them right now... deep fried greasy fish, yum! I have gained a whopping 3 pounds so far! And that was like more than a month ago, but my belly is growing. I tried to put a pair of pants on the other day and they definitely do not fit anymore, and since I have a couple other pairs that are the exact same size and style, I now only comfortably fit into one pair.. which is kind of a problem, but oh well. I used to always get headaches, and at the beginning of the pregnancy they miraculously went away. Unfortunately that didn't last. I am now getting daily headaches and sometimes they are pretty bad.. thank goodness for drugs my doctor said were still ok to take while pregnant. Speaking of doctor, I go back in a week from today for my second checkup. Hopefully everything is still looking good and in about another month or so we'll be able to find out what Unborn Barocio is. I'm not gonna lie, I am kind of hoping for a girl, but I think that's only because I want someone to share my love of pink and princesses. I would be very happy with a boy too, he will just have to be ok with me putting him in princess dresses :) I'm kidding... kinda.
Anyway, everything is good. School is out on Friday and then it's Christmas!!! I will leave you with a picture of my 14 week belly (just look through the dirty mirror).

3 comments:

  1. as you would put it, you have a "food baby." still a very tiny food baby. it just looks like you ate a lot for thanksgiving :) as for your pants, have you tried the hair elastic trick? if you don't know what i'm talking about, you better let me know. it's something everything pregnant lady does that makes pants fit longer. also - i got one of these this pregnancy: http://www.target.com/p/Be-Maternity-BeBand-Assorted-Colors/-/A-13742281
    and i used it a lot. you can leave your pants totally unbuttoned and unzipped and this little thing hides it and helps to keep your pants from falling down. i used it a lot until recently. now i'm just too big and fat that the only thing i want to wear is sweat pants. if i have to wear jeans i wear my one pair of maternity jeans. seriously - they may not be sexy, but the pants with the panel that covers your whole belly up to your boobies are SO COMFORTABLE. probably the most comfortable pants ever invented. so you should maybe get a pair or 2 eventually. but for now, try the rubber band trick and get one of those bands from target. they are in the maternity section (which is usually in the back corner by the dressing rooms). good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... the rubber band trick is fantastic! And your belly is still smaller than mine is on any given day! ha ha

    ReplyDelete