Thursday, June 17, 2010

184 Days


Since this is my first post about Jesse and I it seems fitting that I give a little background about us. Jesse and I met when I got a job at J&J Garden Center in March of 2008. Jesse had already worked there for a year when I started. We never really talked to each other until August, and our first date was in September. We have dated ever since. On April 30th of this year, we got engaged. At first, we had set our wedding date to March of next year so that we would have plenty of time to save up for the perfect wedding, but in light of recent events we have now moved the date to December 18th of this year. We will be married in the Salt Lake City temple. I can't believe that all of this is actually happening, but I couldn't be more excited. Jesse has become my best friend and I can't wait to marry him.
Once Jesse and I are married, we plan on living in my parents basement. The basement is completely unfinished right now, so we have a lot of work ahead of us to get it to where we can live there. Today was our first day working on it, and we got quite a bit done. This is what the area of where our bedroom will be looked like before we started working


This is Jesse in the process of cleaning :)


and this is what it looks like now, at the end of day 1

It may not seem like much, but we got rid of a ton of junk we had down there and we really made a lot of progress. I'm so excited to get this huge task finished, even though that may not be for a few more months.
Not only have we started this project, we have also started planning for the big day. So far, we have decided on our colors, scheduled a sealing date and time, set up a budget, and I have started to shop for a dress. These next few months are going to be crazy but I am so excited to get all of this planning and preparing underway :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that you started a blog. I am excited to read about your fun lives. Looks like you've made a lot of progress in the basement. Very cool! Enjoy your engagement time! And, if you want any help with your announcements let me know, I'm happy to design something for you, if you want.

    ReplyDelete