Monday, February 6, 2012

24 Weeks and an Update

I am now 24 weeks along in this pregnancy. The past few weeks have seemed to go by so fast! I'm so excited for my little guy to come, but at the same time, I'm getting really nervous. I know they always say that the whole mothering thing comes naturally, but to think that in just a couple months I will be in charge of taking care of a tiny little baby scares me. I am so glad that I live so close to my parents... I have a feeling they, and especially my mom, will be the ones to get me through the first little while. But like I said, I am still so excited to finally have him here. As for how I'm feeling physically, I'm doing really good. My back and legs get really sore sometimes, but other than that I really don't have any complaints.
In other news, this past week I decided that
1. It was time to quit my job
and 2. It was time to chop my hair off and get the "mom do" as everyone I see calls it- and I don't regret chopping 11 inches off at all!
It's such a relief to finally have put in my two weeks at my job. I've been wanting to quit for a while (like 2 years) and have just never had a good reason to, and I was too scared to get another job and have to learn a bunch of new stuff. So I decided that with me only working like 6 hours a week right now, and me
only being a few months away from having a baby, now would be the perfect time to finally do it. As it gets closer to spring I would've had to of started working long shifts standing on a concrete floor in an 80 degree building, and there's no way I was going to put myself through that being 7-8 months pregnant, so I quit while I still could. I'm excited to have just a few months where I don't have to worry about school or work and I can complet
ely focus on getting things ready for baby. I am going to try to start crocheting a blanket, and with our tax return money I get to buy a sewing machine, so I want to try to make a few baby things with that too. I'm determined to become a crafty person :)

No comments:

Post a Comment