Sunday, January 8, 2012

Baby Update

I am officially half way today! The past few weeks have definitely been much better in terms of how I have felt. The whole sickness thing has pretty much disappeared. The only times that I get sick are when I've gone too long without food, and too long is only about 1 to 2 hours. I eat like crazy! And I love that I have an excuse to do it. Even with all the eating I've been doing, I have only gained about 5 pounds total, and most of that I put on right at the beginning. I am definitely showing now too. Most of the shirts I wore before are way too small, so I've had an excuse to do a bunch of shopping. My pants still fit... kinda. Even though I haven't put of much weight, I have a really hard time doing up my pants, and most the time I just leave them unbuttoned. I guess my belly is just super low so already nothing fits.
My belly at 20 weeks
I've made it my goal to learn how to make different things for the baby, like blankets, quilts, and clothes. My first project is this blanket that I'm crocheting around the edges.
This is the second blanket that I have ever done this way, the first one I did back when I was 12, so I'm not very good at it and the edges are all pretty uneven, but I plan on making a few more so hopefully I'll get to be as good as my mom and grandma are at making them.
On a more exciting note, I have finally felt the baby move! Only just a couple times, but still pretty cool. I never felt that fluttery feeling that most people said happens, and if I did, I didn't pay attention to it, but now I have felt what feels like the baby doing flips. Also, we get to have an ultrasound done on Thursday telling us what "it" is!! I am super super excited to find out! Everyone except Jesse thinks that it's a boy, but he convinced it's a girl. I honestly have no feelings either way, so I'll be surprised no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment