Thursday, May 23, 2013

1 Year!!!

How the heck is my baby boy a year old already?!?!?! Gosh, I hate how fast it's gone by.  He is so big and changing so much! But he is the sweetest, funniest, bestest little boy in the entire world and I love seeing him get bigger and smarter.  I have spent every single day of the last year with him, and somehow I still don't feel like I spent enough time with him.  He doesn't look like a baby any more, he's a little boy and it's crazy how many things he has learned in the past while.  He doesn't really say any words, but he understands almost anything we say to him.  He shares when we ask him to, he will go and get things when we tell him to and whenever we tell him "no" he does whatever it is even more, because he thinks it's funny :) Some other things about him at a year old:

  • He is in size 18 month clothes
  • He is finally sleeping all the way through the night.  The best he has ever done with that is go about 9 to 10 hours at a time, but now he sleeps 11-12 hours, and those couple hours really do make a difference
  • He takes 2 naps a day
  • He never stops eating, but all he ever wants is snacks, like granola bars and fruit snacks and puffs.  When I try to feed him real meals, he spits them right out- frustrating!
  • He meows like a kitty, that's the only animal sound he makes
  • He loves real milk! I've been slowly giving it to him in order to get him to stop nursing, and he can not get enough of that stuff
  • He is just starting to like books, and he will bring them to people so they can read to him, I love it!
  • He isn't walking yet, but he stands on his own and walks along everything, it's coming soon!
  • He gets really embarrassed and shy when people give him attention, and if he gets too much attention from people he gets overwhelmed and bursts into tears
  • He loves to push cars around, already acting like a boy!
  • He has just started to climb things, anything we leave lying around, like containers or laundry baskets, he will climb them
This past year has been the best year of my life! I can not even describe how happy this little guy makes me, I am so so so lucky to be his mommy! 

1 comment: