Sunday, July 17, 2011

Trip to the Renaissance Fair

Jesse and I took my brother Michael down to Cedar City this past weekend to go to the Renaissance Fair that they have down there every year. I have never been before, but I've heard Heather talk about all the fun things they have there so I really wanted to go, and it was so much fun! We got down there Friday afternoon and went to the Greenshow, because you can't go to Cedar in the summer and not go to the Greenshow at least once. We then
headed over to the Renaissance Fair where we saw some nasty belly dancers and really cool fire dancers
Us watching the fire dancersThen we walked around to all the tents that they had set up and just looked at all of the fun things people were selling.
On Saturday, we went to the Shakespearean Festival gift store headed back to the fair and bought a bunch of fun stuff. I got a new bag, a dream catcher to hang in my car, a dream catcher necklace, and some dream catcher earrings (I have no idea how I got so obsessed with dream catchers, but I love them). Jesse got a dagger, which was from the Shakespearean gift shop, and one of those magnetic bracelets that supposedly cure pretty much anything.
This was one of the camels they had that you could ride!
Saturday afternoon, we were all planning on going to Harry Potter, but my Uncle Al surprised Jesse and I with tickets to a play called Noises Off! for that afternoon, so while we went to the play, Heather and Michael went to Harry Potter. The play was hilarious! I had never heard of it before, but it was great!
Here we all are outside the gift store

And chillin with Shakespeare
Saturday evening we went back to the fair one last time and Micheal and Heather got henna tattoos and I got feather extensions in my hair :)
I couldn't get enough of the fair. All the people there were so interesting.. and strange, and there were so many fun things to look at- and buy :) It was definitely a very fun weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Man, this makes me miss living in Cedar during the summer! I used to go to the green shows all the time. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete